Friday, May 10, 2013

Caine's Arcade

Greetings All:

I hope this all finds you well.  I am putting out a purposefully shorter blog post tonight as I want to get this out before Friday night dissolves into Saturday (and that is by no means a bad thing) because I think this is worth a look.  Here is why:

Today, I had the good fortune to attend the Chick-Fil-A Leadercast.  It was a great event.  Even though the speakers were not live, it was time well-spent.  From John Maxwell to David Allen to Coach K and a bunch of other fantastic speakers, it was well worth the admission price.  I hope to write more about this event but for now, I want to put out the story of Caine. 

If you've been following my blog, two quick things:

1.  Thanks; and

2. Please check out the web links below.  It is a terrific story.  Go ahead, I'll wait: 

Sources:

http://www.imagination.is/
 
http://cainesarcade.com/
  
So you saw the video (now, you did see the video, right?) Seriously, please check out the video  on the Imagination Foundation and Caine's story, it is simply terrific.  It is terrific because it transcends a "feel good " story.  It is terrific because it shows how average people can rally in a short period of time to renew a boy's hope.  These people validated a young man who chose to believe in his dream and rejected the naysayers.  It is a fitting and wonderful tribute to the film producer who on a lark played in Caine's arcade.  In short, dare I say it- it is a tale of faith.  

Be well my friends,
Jeno

No comments:

Post a Comment