Thursday, April 18, 2013

Boston

Greetings All:

Like all of you, I am sick about what happened Monday in Boston.  It was a damn shame.  An act of cowardice with a side order of bullsh#$ justification.   I do not care about your list of grievances about our government.  You killed innocent people,  including a child.  You, sir/madam, have forsaken both human decency and political dialogue.  You are a coward.  And, oh my the way, if anyone helped you, I add them to this list.

I do not want to give time or energy to the villains.  I want to honor the heroes.  Those who gave aid, those who at personal peril grabbed backpacks that might easily been a bomb to save their fellow citizens.  The Soldier who after ruck marching 26.2 miles rushed to the aid of the injured even as their blisters broke through their boots. 

I am a New York Yankees fan.  I do not cheer for the Boston Red Socks.  If you are a friend of mine on Facebook you may recall how I called out Tom Brady for not putting his hand over his heart during the Star Spangled Banner in a playoff game.  With those disclaimers offers, I say this:

Boston:  We are your citizens.

Though we may cheer for other teams, vote for other candidates, we are your citizens.  Boston, the source of liberty, the place where the shot heard round the world was fired, where Paul Revere road, where liberty in America can proudly trace her roots  lies, will rise again.  I heard our President say that Boston will run again.  I believe him.  I believe him because it is Boston.   It is the home of liberty.  And that being the case, as Americans, it is our home as well.

Be well my friends,
Jeno

No comments:

Post a Comment