Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Welcome to Cedo Pontis

Greetings All:

Welcome to the first post of my blog, Cedo Pontis. I struggled with what to call this blog and deferred to that "end of all arguments," Google. I did a Latin search for bridge and came up with pontis. I then needed another word and while putzing around came across another word, Cedo. Cedo means (roughly) to go or proceed. Therefore, Cedo Pontis means (at least to me) to go to a bridge and cross it.

Of course, this is awfully ripe with metaphors. What's a "bridge?" What is being crossed? Why cross it? Hopefully, I will be able to come up with a few things that will cause interest and ideally, spark some discussion.

I also hope to have some fun with this blog. Life is too short to be too serious. I will endeavor to display a bit of wit while never intentionally causing ill feelings. Of course, I fully intend to poke fun at myself and for those of you who know me, feel free to join in.

For those of you who elect to read this blog, thank you. With that, it begins. I'm walking across my bridge into the blogosphere.

Best rgs,
Jeno

By the way, my source for the Latin came from this site:
http://www.latinwordlist.com/latin-words/cedo-3321554.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment